About Me

My photo
I'm an adventure seeking man of God. I love extreme sports, rock climbing, swimming at the wrong time and anything you can enjoy with a good group of people.

Thursday, September 20, 2012

The Trip - Day 15

[this is being written by Jackson's Dad]

The following email from Michael arrived Thursday, Sept. 20, in my inbox around 3 pm East Coast time. Based on the coordinates he provides below and assuming the mouth of San Francisco Bay is 37.4 N 122.3 W, they had 945 miles to go.
-------------
Well
Happy birthday to me!!
AJ woke me up with a fresh cup of Kona coffee this morning for my birthday, and all the other boats sung a chores of "happy birhday' to me on the radio.  Very fun.
I saved a can of spicy Spam for spam and eggs for breakfast, oh boy!
We are at
39.54 n 142.30 w.
the magic spot we were piloting to was 40 n and 140 w.
we are 6 miles from 40 North and 120 miles from 140, that has been the center of the H and we would turn there and go East to the coast/home.
WEll this morning we just turned due East, doing about 090 E going, 930 miles to San Fran.
We have a blessed wind from SE at 9 kts and we are doing 5-6 kts.
The gale is coming up behind us and should bring us winds to push us eastward home.

We are only 5 to 10 miles from MaloHia, one of the other cruising boats, we keep seeing each others mast light at night.  They keep pulling ahead of us with the wind gusts, they have more sail area than us, so we are pretty close.  It is fun to play off each other.
So, this will be a memorable birhtday 1000 miles at sea.
blessings
-------------

No comments:

Post a Comment