About Me

My photo
I'm an adventure seeking man of God. I love extreme sports, rock climbing, swimming at the wrong time and anything you can enjoy with a good group of people.

Saturday, September 22, 2012

The Trip - Day 17

[this is being written by Jackson's Dad]

latest from Michael, headlined "sat"
--------------
We R AT
39.41 n 136.26 w
We are 660 miles away, this morning. Wow, it really feels like we are getting there.
We are going pretty much due east with some southing started.
Still have winds from ESE which is a reach for us, with some following seas, which is great, we are supposed to get the North, hopefully NW winds soon and then broad reach all the way down into SF.
The weather shows the wind light tonight and tomorrow and filling in Mon.
I am having a hard time with the drastic weather change. We have to wear shirts all day now, and don't even open the dodger windows during the day, it is too cold. I may have to start sleeping down below, because the cockpit is so damp at night.
I am not liking this, i miss the warm tropics. I have only worn a bathing suit for 4 1/2 yrs on the boat.
At least the sun is out, and is warm through the windows.
No sun might just put me over the edge! I need more time for acclimating . Of course we are late in the season, so it is colder than mid summer.
The repair on the boom is holding, but when the winds get light i probably will keep the main double reefed to avoid stress on it.
That will slow us down some, but hopefully not for long.
Making good time last night and today, 140 miles yesterday, 6 kts so far today.
ok for now
-----------



No comments:

Post a Comment